Individual Excellence Awards recognize exceptional merit of an artist’s past body of work.
Video Description: Oberlin Scenes
This silent video makes quick cuts, with each of the following segments lasting 2 or 3 seconds.
From an aerial view, the Oberlin campus comes into focus, followed by:
- A dancer stretches in a dance studio.
- A conductor leads an orchestra, viewed from behind and above the musicians.
- A baseball player fields ground balls during practice.
- A bicyclist pedals along a path toward Memorial Arch.
- A professor teaches in a classroom.
- A trombonist rehearses.
- A swimmer performs the butterfly stroke.
- A silhouetted person approaches the curved wall outside Hall Auditorium at night.
- Several groups of students work in a science lab.
- A student is animated while explaining the artwork behind her.
- An athlete runs past a building on a cold morning.
- The strings of a double bass vibrate as they are played by a jazz musician.
- A student explains an idea.
- A pianist practices on a Steinway grand piano.
- In a museum gallery, a group of students gazes at a painting.
- A singer and piano accompanist rehearse in a sunny room.
- A student in class holds a pen while speaking.
- Holding a boom microphone, a student makes a recording.
- A student cook prepares fresh vegetables.
The video then loops back to the beginning.
Congratulations, admitted students!
In his lab, Professor of Physics Stephen FitzGerald is using quantum mechanics to improve the process of deuterium separation.
Four Oberlin computer science majors have accepted jobs from the tech giant while still in their senior year.
With the award, Ann Cooper Albright will begin work on a new book that employs her scholarly method of combining philosophy and dance.
Awards and Honors
Oberlin students and alumni compete for awards, scholarships, and fellowships that reward high achievement in disciplines across the board. From STEM fields to musical performance to art and more, Obies see their hard work recognized and supported by the most prestigious organizations in higher education.
Nina Josephson ’19 has been selected as one of six college students from throughout Ohio to receive the AICUO Award for Excellence in the Visual Arts.
Watch the webcast – streamed live at concert time. A performance of chamber music by Oberlin Conservatory students from the string and piano departments. -- Program: Clarinet Quintet in A Major...
More Upcoming Events
From the Blogs
You’ve just been accepted to Oberlin. You’re just not sure if you want to come. Now what?
Advice to high school seniors still making a decision on where to go to college.
As my time at Oberlin comes to a close, I wanted to start a new weekly blog series (which I’ll stick to!) in which I outline some of the things I’ve been most grateful for at Oberlin. Let’s start with ExCos.
Plan Your Visit
Are you a high school junior? Come to the Spring Junior Visit Program for an insider’s view of Oberlin – you can take a tour, sit in on classes, and more.
“I had always loved science. I arrived intending to major in biology and minor in math, and I was fortunate to find a strong and supportive community in the biology department at Oberlin.”Ave Bisesi ’17
- Motorcycle Goggles Eyewear Cycling Glasses BMX Sport Outdooor Sportbike Winter
- O'Neill Chaqueta Esquí Invierno Funcional Glacier blue Impermeable
- RIO Billfish Shooting Head - 550gr - New
- Shimano BASS ONE XT 263UL-2 Ultra Light 6'3 bass fishing spinning rod 2018 ver
- Shires Tempest Original Unisex Horse Rug Fleece - Green All Sizes
- TrailMaster Mid XRX-R Right Front Tire & Wheel Assembly
- VOLKL 2018 RTM 84 UVO 182CM SKIS W BINDINGS, NEW
- 2 NEW HT ICE FISHING RODS 19 combos 3 BB REELS ARCTIC FUSION MICRO ACTION JIGS
- Ariat Womens Cambria Jersey Medium pink Stripe