Individual Excellence Awards recognize exceptional merit of an artist’s past body of work.
Video Description: Oberlin Scenes
This silent video makes quick cuts, with each of the following segments lasting 2 or 3 seconds.
From an aerial view, the Oberlin campus comes into focus, followed by:
- A dancer stretches in a dance studio.
- A conductor leads an orchestra, viewed from behind and above the musicians.
- A baseball player fields ground balls during practice.
- A bicyclist pedals along a path toward Memorial Arch.
- A professor teaches in a classroom.
- A trombonist rehearses.
- A swimmer performs the butterfly stroke.
- A silhouetted person approaches the curved wall outside Hall Auditorium at night.
- Several groups of students work in a science lab.
- A student is animated while explaining the artwork behind her.
- An athlete runs past a building on a cold morning.
- The strings of a double bass vibrate as they are played by a jazz musician.
- A student explains an idea.
- A pianist practices on a Steinway grand piano.
- In a museum gallery, a group of students gazes at a painting.
- A singer and piano accompanist rehearse in a sunny room.
- A student in class holds a pen while speaking.
- Holding a boom microphone, a student makes a recording.
- A student cook prepares fresh vegetables.
The video then loops back to the beginning.
Congratulations, admitted students!
In his lab, Professor of Physics Stephen FitzGerald is using quantum mechanics to improve the process of deuterium separation.
Four Oberlin computer science majors have accepted jobs from the tech giant while still in their senior year.
With the award, Ann Cooper Albright will begin work on a new book that employs her scholarly method of combining philosophy and dance.
Awards and Honors
Oberlin students and alumni compete for awards, scholarships, and fellowships that reward high achievement in disciplines across the board. From STEM fields to musical performance to art and more, Obies see their hard work recognized and supported by the most prestigious organizations in higher education.
Nina Josephson ’19 has been selected as one of six college students from throughout Ohio to receive the AICUO Award for Excellence in the Visual Arts.
Watch the webcast – streamed live at concert time. A performance of chamber music by Oberlin Conservatory students from the string and piano departments. -- Program: Clarinet Quintet in A Major...
More Upcoming Events
From the Blogs
You’ve just been accepted to Oberlin. You’re just not sure if you want to come. Now what?
Advice to high school seniors still making a decision on where to go to college.
As my time at Oberlin comes to a close, I wanted to start a new weekly blog series (which I’ll stick to!) in which I outline some of the things I’ve been most grateful for at Oberlin. Let’s start with ExCos.
Plan Your Visit
Are you a high school junior? Come to the Spring Junior Visit Program for an insider’s view of Oberlin – you can take a tour, sit in on classes, and more.
“I had always loved science. I arrived intending to major in biology and minor in math, and I was fortunate to find a strong and supportive community in the biology department at Oberlin.”Ave Bisesi ’17
- Tenzing TV14 Turkey Vest- MOOBSN 972585
- WHEEL MASTER 24 x 2.125 STEEL CHROME BICYCLE FRONT WHEEL
- Yoga Sets Fitness Sportswear Suits Long Sleeve Shirts Top Elastic Pants Running
- C-2-72 72 HILASON 1200D WATERPROOF TURNOUT WINTER HORSE BLANKET TURQUOISE PLAID
- 568-10 Silky Saws ONO 120mm Chopper
- CAMISETA NALINI LUNA óptico TI W whiteO black size L
- Descente XL Long Sleeve Thermal Jersey
- Elbeco Men's Navy Tek3 Cargo Pants - E2844R-37
- G-WORKS S240 LANTERN POLE w Pouch 240mm Outdoor Solution Multi Function_en
- Mafac Course 429 Vintage Bicycle Brake Levers
- NEW Suunto M 9 Wrist Compass FREE SHIPPING
- Polarmile Ultralight Sleeping Pad – Durable, Inflatable & Ultra-Compact –...
- Shimano ST-4700 Tiagra 10-speed road STI levers, for double
- TMC3121 Tactical Combat Lightweight Modular Chest Rig Training Vest Rig Set
- Daiwa Tournament SS Spinning Reel 3BB 5.1 1
- G. Loomis NRX 802C JWR 6'8 Medium Extra Fast Casting Rod
- Jigging Fishing Rod 2.1 Japan Guide Lure Weight 3 Sections Carbon Fiber Spinning
- Maxcatch Fly Fishing Rod 3 4 5 6 7 8 10WT Graphite IM8 Fast Action All Sizes Rod
- New Scott Lightweight Aluminum Series Jr 540 40 Downhill Skiing Ski Poles
- POLARIS Reverse Cable INTL Virage Virage I TX TXI Models SBT 26-2304
- Sandisk Extreme 1000 GB Grey,orange - SDSSDE60-1T00-G25
- SHURFLO PIRANHA Livewell 800 Pump - 12 VDC, 800 GPH
- Trespass Solitude II Waterproof Womens Ski Pants Slim Fit Warm Snow Trousers
- 26 27.5 29 Full Carbon Fiber Mountain Bike Fork Disc Brake1-1 8 Rigid Cycling
- Bare CD 4 PRO Dry Dry Suit Scuba Diving Gear Cold Water Equipment Size MS
- Ceramic 23mm Width Carbon Road Cycling Wheel 50mm Clincher Alloy Brake Surface
- White Ice Skating Dress with AB Crystals Lace Covered Bodice
- 5Pcs Set 20kN 8mm Braided Eye-to-eye Prusik Cord 30in Rigging Climbing Tree Work
- Bolle Ski Goggles Tsar 21443 Matt Yellow Teal Sunrise
- Drake Waterfowl LST HW Eqwader 1 4 Zip Realtree Max-5 Camo Size Small New
- MANILLAR CARBONO BICICLETA DE CARRETERA (400,420,440mm)
- NEW Vuelta Airline 4 clincher single Rim 700c 622mm with 36 holes NOS
- RaceFace Chainrings 104mm Single Ring, Red, 30T 9 10 11 Speed
- SHIMANO 600 ULTEGRA CRANKSET 172.5 MM DOUBLE 6400
- STRONGLIGHT Aluminum chainring SHIMANO mtb 94 mm 30
- Vintage Olympic VS 800 Ultra Light Spinning Reel made in Japan